Moving is a pain but when the discomfort of your current less-than-ideal office space pushes you to the brink, you just have to take the plunge and make a change. So, what can lead you to that precipice?
1. Business is booming, you need to hire more people, and everyone is already bumping elbows.
2. Summer is coming and you would love to see the sunshine when you gaze out the window, formulating your next great idea. The basement just isn’t doing it for you anymore. Besides, you’re getting lonely and could use some interaction to spur even greater creativity.
3. You work remotely but need to have face-to-face client meetings in a more accessible, professional environment. Starbucks serves up a mean latte, however the ambiance isn’t always conducive to business dealings.
4. You have office space with all the amenities you need but are out on the road more than at your desk. You’re wondering, “Do I need to pay rent on all this space every month when I’m not here all the time?”
5. You are a social enterprise or not-for-profit looking to reduce your overhead so you can direct more funds to your cause.
Whatever is inspiring you to look for new office space, it's important to look at all the angles and ensure that it meets your needs.
TechConnex, the only industry association entirely focused on the growth of small and midsize tech companies in the GTA, has created a co-location office space that will change your challenge into an opportunity. It’s a space that fosters opportunities for companies to collide, share best practices, and grow.
What do they have to offer?
The hub is designed as a facility that provides businesses access to needed resources, industry learning opportunities in which their people can participate, and an environment conducive to connecting with others fostering innovation and collaboration. Is it perfect for every business? If you’re in situation #1, business is booming and you’re looking for a larger space, then the TechConnex Hub may not be ideal for you today. However, if your story resembles any of the other reasons for being on the hunt for space, this location may be exactly what you’re looking for.
Office space, workstations or hotdesk spaces are available. Perks include free parking, high-speed Internet access, bottomless-cup coffee, access to a kitchenette, and professional open collaborative space. Available technology includes an electronic whiteboard, mobile whiteboard and seating when the training room is available. Meeting rooms are also available for rent.