Build Your Network and Your Business With In-Depth Learning in the TechConnex "Lab"
TechConnex offers two types of peer-directed training sessions designed to offer innovative approaches in a compressed time frame so you can quickly make a difference; with the back-up and dialogue to help you apply your new-found insight as soon as you are back in the office - or on your laptop!
Recent Learning Lab Events
Crowdfunding 101 Seminar - September 19, 2013
Crowdfunding is one of the newest and most innovative forms of funding for businesses today. It is an area with huge potential for growth of those businesses that access the interest and imagination of “the crowd”.
Crowdfunding is an avenue for entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMBs to solicit working capital from non-accredited investors. Many investors in "the crowd" will be from family, friends, Angels and Venture groups, pre-existing networks, mentors, and former colleagues.
As an attendee you will:
- Learn about the dramatic growth of the Crowdfunding market
- How to promote value and visibility for your idea or solution
- Develop an extensive understanding of the most effective ways to achieve Crowdfunding goals
- Learn the fundamental elements of an effective Social Media marketing campaign to support your goals
- Learn about the legal, legislative, financial and compliance aspects of Crowdfunding
- Learn about Crowdfunding business practices and insights from Canadian success stories
- Prepare to network your way to a successful campaign
Craig Asano, Founder NCFA
Craig is the Founder and Executive Director of the National Crowdfunding Association of Canada, Canada’s dynamic and inclusive Crowdfunding advocate. NCFA Canada works closely with industry partners, technology platforms, academia, affiliate groups and business associations to create a strong and vibrant crowdfunding industry and voice across Canada.
VIew Craig`s Presentation
Marc Nicholas, Chief Technology Officer, Wimoto Technologies, Inc.
Learn best practices from Marc how Wimoto Technologies successfully raised $160,000 from multiple Crowdfunding campaigns from over 1,300 investors. Wimotos are a family of small, wireless sensors for your iPhone, iPad, Android, Linux or Raspberry Pi device that measure environmentals such as ambient temperature, humidity, light, soil moisture, soil temperature, object temperature, human presence and movement. You can upload your data to our cloud service for analysis via our free app, or use the optional Wimoto Cloud Cube to do it for you in realtime via Wifi
Click below to view Marc`s Presentation